Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014: best ocean in a box




2014: The Best & Worst This is the time of the year when writers coast. They dream up their totally subjective best and worse lists for the year that's rapidly coming to a close. Why? So they can focus on the important things...the holidays. So with that in mind:


Mai iloko mai.

Everyone should get a Christmas present they didn't want, don't think they need or would ever use but then fall in love with. It's humbling. E hana me ka ha`aha`a. It teaches you that you don't know you as well as you think you do. (Wow! Broke all kinds of rules. Used "you" in a sentence five time.)

This year for me, that gift was an ASTI Adaptive Sound Sleep Therapy System, or, as I call it, nature in a box. Moi inoino. Now every night I can drift off to sleep listening to rain, a babbling brook, a waterfall, a nighttime meadow or ocean surf, plus there's settings for train, city and fireplace sounds (a little unnerving), all at the turn of a dial.

Tonight, I think I'll dial Maui and fall asleep listening to the Pacific. I hear humpback whales are passing to the north of Kahului. Aloha ahiahi ia oukou. 

E pili mau na pomaika`i ia `oe.

Mahalo nui loa, Suzy.

• 

No comments: