Sunday, December 21, 2014

2014: best snapshot moment



Woe is me.

2014: The Best & Worst This is the time of the year when writers coast. They dream up their totally subjective best and worse lists for the year that's rapidly coming to a close. Why? So they can focus on the important things...the holidays. So with that in mind:


Snapshots happen in an instant. This one came in September.

The little eastern screech-owl at the nature center had been sickly, poor baby. Using a syringe, we had to give her liquid oral antibiotics twice a day for several weeks. It wasn't easy. She was stubbornly tight-lipped about the subject.

She had also just stepped out of her shower (we call it rain) when it was time for yet more medicine. Woe is me. Looking at her on my outstretched hand, I saw this precious moment and quickly reached for my cell phone. Look at those stolid eyes.

The greatness of photography is that it does capture a single moment in time holding it ad infinitum.

And now, four months later, she's recovered and doing just fine. I fed her only a few hours ago. (One mouse, shaken not stirred.)

For the original posting, click:  bath time.  

No comments: