Wednesday, December 10, 2014

2014: favorite new old CD




 

2014: The Best & Worst This is the time of the year when writers coast. They dream up their totally subjective best and worse lists for the year that's rapidly coming to a close. Why? So they can focus on the important things...the holidays. So with that in mind:

When you live in the woods, things come to you slowly. My favorite new old CD discovered in 2014 is Putumayo Presents: Jazz Around the World released in 2009. 

Back story: Searching YouTube one night early last summer for new music, I found a song in French I knew only as the English 1959 hit Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darin. Turns out the French original Le Mer was written by Charles Trenet and published in 1939. 

I enjoyed that one track by Chantal Chamberland so much, I bought the CD to keep in the car. Love it all.

Here's the original that caught my attention. Enjoy.




No comments: