Monday, May 27, 2019

ciarra's miracle






This is perhaps our last monarch butterfly story for awhile and one that will wrap up our portion of the rescued caterpillars saga that were on display with me at Wilderness Wildlife Week in Pigeon Forge.

For a Show & Tell item at my Author's Table I had six monarch butterfly caterpillars munching away on milkweed leaves.  One had been given to me by my monarch friend naturalist Clare Dattilo and five were part of 37 rescued by Glenna Julian

Of the six, one shriveled up as a caterpillar and died of unknown causes, while four were raised by me through the process of metamorphosis and then released to fly away. 

I gave the sixth to young Ciarra who had milkweed growing at her home. She watched over it until it competed the process. 

Of the five that survived, three were male and two were female. Ciarra's was the third male from the group. 

Thank you, Ciarra and to your Mom Jaime for sending me the below photos.









No comments: