Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015: most perfect holiday breakfast




2015: The Best & Worst! This is the time of the year when writers coast. They dream up their totally subjective best and worse lists for the year that's rapidly coming to a close. Why? So they can focus on the important things...the holidays. So with that in mind:

Best or Worst, you be the judge. The year can slowly slip away now. I have found my most perfect holiday breakfast. 

Limited Edition, Gluten Free, pumpkin flavored Puffins Cereal, made from "real pumpkin" (Cucurbita pepo) but, let us hope, not real puffins (Fratercula arctica). It's vegan, so there can truly be no puffin haunches. It's also Non-GMO. But, candidly, it's a cereal made from corn/rice/oats named after an aquatic seabird that tastes like pumpkin. Sounds something like a train wreak at a genetics lab.

And lucky me, I got my box in the manager's discount bin for only $1.29. Plus there's a coupon on the back to save $1 on my next box, so that one will only cost 29¢.

Win. Win. Win. 


  

No comments: