Friday, July 30, 2010

ospreys three



I heard from Wayne Mallinger recently:

"I've seen several ospreys near Northshore Drive in Knoxville. Three on different occasions. Every time I pass Northshore exit if I have time I pull off and do a quick scan of the ponds for any birds in flight. I was lucky enough to capture a photo of one searching for an easy catch before he saw me and went to a tree and waited for me to leave so he could continue feeding."

"Also note: I read your post about the assassin bug. Thanks! A couple of weeks ago while I was mowing my yard I felt a burning sensation on my left wrist. I looked and saw what I described as a mosquito on steroids. I brushed it away as fast as I could but too late....it took about 10 days for the redness and itching to go away....nasty bite. I now know what it was!"

Wayne is the local photographer who sent me the five great photos of Gulf Coast birds I posted in the middle of last month. Look for Gulf Tragedy 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Thanks, Wayne.

No comments: