Tuesday, November 4, 2008

walkin' the rails


Election Day! And it was a beautiful late fall afternoon with the sun beginning to slip below the ridge line. So perfect, I decided to walk the two miles to my neighborhood precinct, a community center surrounded by trees exploding with autumnal color.

There’s a little used railroad track paralleling the road that links my home to the ballot box. So in the spirit of Woody Guthrie, I walked the rails to cast my vote, humming “This Land is Your Land” along the way.

2 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Oh, you are TOO COOL! I love it.

Stephen Lyn Bales said...

Hello TL.

Although I really only walked a couple of miles along the railroad track that day. It was such a perfect day I felt I could have walked "From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters."

Many thanks for the comment.