Sunday, November 23, 2008

lose yourself


"Develop an interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music—the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself."

–- Henry Miller (1891-1980) American writer and painter. Miller marched to his own drummer, breaking with existing literary forms and developing a different kind of novel, a blend that mixed forms, part autobiographical, philosophical and surrealist free association, ultimately it was part real, part fiction.


6 comments:

Marsha Loftis said...

I have always loved to read. I will read practically anything. Which is actually what brought me here. :)

Stephen Lyn Bales said...

Well good morning Marsha.

Thank you for stopping by this morning.

I visited your blog, that's a wonderful portrait of your daughter. You created that with a camera and Photoshop? Wow.

Just remarkable.

Stay warm. It's as cold in Powell as it is here.

Vickie said...

"...throbbing with rich treasures...." Isn't that a wonderful phrase! I just love words.

Stephen Lyn Bales said...

Vickie. Yes. That was the phrase that grabbed me as well.

A Colorful World said...

This sounds like a writer and painter that I will very much love getting to know. Thank you for the post.

Stephen Lyn Bales said...

And TL, thank you for the visit.