Tuesday, November 21, 2017

circles





New books get a lot of early promotion but it is really the word-of-mouth, in ever expanding circles, that is the life or death of a book. One person tells two, two tell four, etc. Readers talk, they cannot help themselves. 

And even though my new book Ephemeral by Nature is about several very sobbingly serious topics: the fragileness of all species, recovery of a vanishing species, hard-to-find species, extinction and the very transitory nature of the concept of "species" itself. Are they immutable or only a mere point in time? 

For what is life? A wisp. Nothing more than "a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away." (James 4:14)


Yet, there is a boyish curiosity to the wonder, the minutia of all life in the pages of Ephemeral.   

Perhaps this is why two young ladies whom I have know since they were kindergarteners in summer camp at Ijams, thought I needed some playful PR photos to promote the book, even if it meant a photo bomb at my Sunday talk.

Thank you Lucy and Josie! You make me smile.

And Mom Sara, I see your hand in this too.   


PHOTO BOMB! Spotted you young ladies.

No comments: