Saturday, April 30, 2011

where are my books?




Being an author is an odd odd sort of avocation. You spend years and years, working in private: researching, reading, thinking, scribbling, marking through and scribbling yet again. And then, somehow, your babies are born. You often find yourself wondering: Where do they go? Have they found a good home? Or are they languishing in a used bookstore? Or, God forbid, aremainder bin, sold for 50 cents a pound. (An author's nightmare.)

To that end, if you have a copy of one of my books, send me a photo and sate my curiosity.


To that end: one of my books has made it across the big pond to the UK!

Recently I heard from Ed Smith. He sent me a photo of his sister Dn Beverly Smith Dougall who lives in London, England.

Ghost Birds interested both of them. Ed and Dn Beverly actually grew up in the Tensas region of northeast Louisiana where much of the story takes place.

No comments: