Thursday, October 15, 2009

hummingbird home?






Such a curious thing. Oh my.

John Randle, a reader of this blog, wondered if these hummingbird platforms actually worked. I have never seen one, but it certainly looks hummingbird friendly.

Has anyone ever tried one? If so, please let me know the results, or it will remain a mystery to me. Although the hummers have by and large left for the season, they'll be back next April looking for a handy place to build a nest and this artificial branch certainly looks handy.


2 comments:

A Colorful World said...

This looks like something worth trying out! Maybe the hummingbirds really would come....

John said...

Thank you for responding "Tile Lady" ... I will probably order this .. as well as the hummingbird video. Please wish Lyn a speedy recovery .. we are going into "withdrawal" without his weekly column in the Farragut Press.
--
John