Tuesday, February 19, 2019

driveway blue





Not the best photo of an Eastern bluebird that you will ever see. No prize winner. But the point is where the bluebird stood. Rock solid. 

I live in the woods and the intensely blue bird was standing in my driveway as if to claim it for its very own. Bluebirds do not nest in the woods or claim the woods as their territory, they are field birds but there he was. Brazen. I stopped the car. Got out to take a quick photo with my cell phone and he did not move. 

Next thought: Was he injured? I moved in front of my car and he flew away. Oh, so this WAS just a territorial thing and I was on his turf. But didn't I just pay the property taxes? I have had many bluebirds in the past month coming to my suet feeders and heated birdbath. And I was playing "Color of the Blues" by George Jones on the car stereo, so maybe it was indeed a sign that I was now living in blue's country.  

Not sure. Time will tell but I do have multiple bluebird boxes out for the chickadees and wrens. We'll see. I need to find my copy of "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis to mellow out this posting.

On a wet, drab, gray, dreary day..celebrating all things blue. 


No comments: