Thursday, October 18, 2018

shower mate




Generally, I expect to take my morning shower alone...well, who are we kidding? I always expect to take my morning shower alone. 

Yet, this morning after I stepped in and began to adjust the shower head I noticed I was indeed not alone. First glance, with water streaming down my face, I thought it was some sort of pale green moth. But as I reached for it, it hopped away. Moths don't hope, they fly.

Therefore, this morning I took my shower with a Cope's gray tree frog (Hyla chrysoscelis) named in 1880 by its discoverer Edward Drinker Cope. 
And this year's model did not seem the least bit interested in me but I suspect it enjoyed the misty shower environment. 

But, oh, did I marvel at it. First thing you will notice is that this gray tree frog is not gray. But they can modify their colors a bit to better blend into their surroundings and luckily my bathroom is painted a pleasing shade of fern green, a hue my bathing buddy seemed to like.

After our shower ended, I caught Copey to move her outside where she belonged.

Best guess. Copey found her way inside recently through an open bedroom window. It was storming that night and I wanted to hear and smell the rain.





No comments: