Monday, June 1, 2015

On top of Old Smoky


Did someone say "Nevermore"?

While I pondered weak and weary...

Join me for another Birding & Brunch @ Ijams this Saturday, June 6, at 10 in the a.m.

Our topic? On Top of Old Smoky: The Birds of the Higher Elevations, above 4,000 feet. It's heating up in the valley but on top of the mountains it's cooler and pleasant, a most comfortable place to look for interesting birds. We're talking peregrine falcons, saw-whet owls, red-breasted nuthatches, red crossbills (good luck on that), black-capped chickadees, blackburnian warblers and those throaty, Poe-inspiring Corvids, the ravens. Nevermore.

Fee: Ijams members $5, non-members $8 with Ijams providing the brunch. Call (865) 577-4717, ext. 110 to register. Seating is limited.

Now, back to Poe...While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping. As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.

Is that someone at my door? Surely it's UPS, and nothing more. 

No comments: