Wednesday, April 23, 2014

banana shortage!



What the h---! 

That's it. "Stop the world, I want to get off." (Broadway musical circa 1962.)

I'm tired of the bad news: wildfires, mudslides, extreme storms, droughts, melting ice caps, sinkholes, pollen vortex, dying malls and those are not Russian soldiers in eastern Ukraine. Everyone on the planet and floating above the planet know they are, Vladimir.  

If that all weren't bad enough, I've just read we are ripe for a banana shortage. Yep, yet another bad-boy fungus doing in the Cavendish. Or, should that be Cavendishes? To quote yet another Broadway musical forty years earlier than the one before, "Yes! We have no bananas." Or should I be quoting R.E.M., "It's the End of the World (as We Know it)"?


Just answer me this: How will I make my pudding?

No comments: