Sunday, February 26, 2012

bucket list 1






Hildebrandt's Starling

OK. Let's start our bucket list, a.k.a. things we want to do before we kick the proverbial pail or the final to-do list. It's all the rage and you know how quick I am to jump on the bandwagon. Well no, not really, I usually run the other way. 
 

But, I simply must begin to save money for a trip to Kenya so that I can see a Hildebrandt's Starling, named in honor of Johannes Hildebrandt, a German explorer and collector who was the first European to obtain specimens of this brightly iridescent species.

The Hilderbrandt's eats fruit and insects and chortles a song that sounds like "ch-rak ch-rak chee-chee-wee chee-wee rak rak rak".

Airfares to Nairobi, Kenya are currently running just over $1400 with two stops and no peanuts, slightly more if I want to come back.

No comments: