Friday, May 21, 2010

cuteness




God forbid, if I should ever post a photo simply because it was cute. God forbid.

Well, God forbid. Education director Jennifer Moore took our new baby opossum out for a stroll two days ago. And if you can get a sugar rush from eating too many sweets, is it possible to overdose on cute? Well then find me a place to come down from my drunkenness.

The baby opossum is the newest member of our education staff at the nature center. She has a vision problem in one eye and would not survive very long in the wild. Our wildlife biologist Pam and vet Dr. Louise worked out her transfer from UT Veterinary Teaching Hospital where the young marsupial was treated after being rescued from the wild.

- Photo taken at Ijams Nature Center.

4 comments:

JoLynne Lyon said...

I love that face, maybe because I'm a mother.

Kelly said...

She is cute!

Stephen Lyn Bales said...

Yes, JoLynne and Kelly. I think baby anythings are just born cute so that we all want to mother them.

How could you not?

BriteCloud said...

All together now.... awww!!! She is a cutie!