Friday, December 22, 2017

2017: favorite nature moments #10



It started with a Serenity Saturday in early November at Ijams hosted by naturalist Christie Collins and me.  After a Mindfulness Walk we did a salute to British artist Andy Goldsworthy. We all created our own piece of impermanence.

We were lucky, the leaves were at their peak color and were falling to the ground all around us, calling to be arraigned. Goldsworthy is a master of ephemeral art. He creates it. Takes a photo, then walks away. Of course, it doesn't last. But that is the point. Call it an analogy.

Ephemerality was on my mind then since my third book Ephemeral by Nature had just been released. After our Goldsworthy playtime for adults, I found myself arraigning the minutia of autumn everywhere I went, like a 6-year-old. But somehow, like being six years old, it didn't last, but it was fun while it did.

Click: Ijams Serenity Saturday










No comments: