Friday, March 30, 2012

thanks, students of Powell








Special thanks to Coach Will Roberts and his AP environmental science class at Powell High School.

Over the past few weeks, the students read my books "Natural Histories" and "Ghost Birds" and invited me to their classroom last Monday to discuss them and other environmental topics like the irruption of snowy owls this past winter.

I always enjoy my visit to Powell. To the seniors in the class: Congratulations, you'll soon graduate and the world and all of its wonders will be in your reach. To the juniors: You have one more year to wait.

If you look at the photo closely, you'll realize that the wise and all-knowing Deputy Fife was in attendance. Nip it! Nip it!

Thanks, Will. I'll see you again next year!


- Photo by Coach Roberts

No comments: