Thursday, March 22, 2012

owl strike captured









This is one of those videos that's pinballing its way around the Internet.

It shows an Asian eagle-owl, in the genus Bubo closely related to our own great horned owl, making a strike, in slow motion, the equivalent of 1,000 frames a second.

Silent wing beats. Talons raised. Fixed stare. Oh, those yellow-orange eyes. The color of fire. Fierce.

I've been grabbed by a great horned owl. Intense. Painful. But of course, I lived to tell about it. If I were a mouse, I'd be in rodent heaven, which is somewhere near cat heaven but don't tell your tabby.


Click here for video: Owl strike.


1 comment:

A Colorful World said...

One of the most beautiful things I have EVER seen! Wow! This gorgeous bird is breath-taking! I can't imagine being attacked by a Great Horned Owl! Glad you survived it! Wow!